This course will equip you with the knowledge and confidence to use Abrasive wheels and petrol cutoff saws safely, protecting both you and those around you.
The finer details
The amount of instruction you will require will depend largely upon your previous experience and sessions will be adapted to meet your needs.
The training course will consist of theory and practical sessions.
Course sessions include:
- Identify safe use including hazards and risks arising from the use of abrasive wheels and petrol cutters
- Identify methods of marking abrasive wheels with their type, size and maximum operating speed
- Know to inspect and maintain abrasive wheels and petrol cutters
- Be aware of the functions of all the components used with abrasive wheels and petrol cutters
- Know how to assemble abrasive wheels correctly to make sure they are properly balanced and fit to use
- Know the proper method of dressing an abrasive wheel (removing dulled abrasive or other material from the cutting surface and/or removing material to correct any uneven wear of the wheel)
- Select correct adjustment of the work rest on pedestal or bench grinding machines
- Know start up and shut down procedures for abrasive wheels and petrol cutters
- Identify correct PPE when using petrol cutters and abrasive wheels
- Understand the dangers to health when using abrasive wheels and petrol cutters