Once completed the NRSWA Unit 1 course, sucessful candidates will be certified to set out of traffic lights, signs, cones and barriers in compliance with NRSWA.
This course is designed for all personnel employed by Local Authorities, Utilities and their contractors for the purpose of any road works in, on or around the highway.
Following successful completion of the training delegates will be able to:
- Survey the work site
- Protect pedestrians from vehicular traffic and site personnel
- Provide temporary traffic control
The NRSWA Unit O1 training session will cover the following topics: –
- Legal requirements
- Types of Works
- Basic principles of signing and guarding
- On-site risk assessment
- Single vehicle operating
- Works on footways
- Cycle lanes, cycle track and cycle routes
- Methods of traffic control
- Testing and operating portable traffic signals
- New signs
- Speed control
- Procedures for works near tramways and railways
- Planning a signing, lighting and guarding project
This qualification is assessed by way of practical exercises and a written question paper.
Who Should Attend?
The NRSWA Unit 1 course is for operatives who are required to set up signing, lighting and guarding equipment on highways.