All persons who will be required by their employer to work on motorways and or high-speed dual carriageways.
The finer details
This course will cover:
- Quality Assurance and National Highway Sector Schemes
- BS EN ISO 9001
- National Highway Sector Scheme 12.
Health and Safety at Work:
- Employer and Employee responsibilities
- Health and Safety at Work Act (HSE)
- Risk Assessments & Method Statements – What are they, why have them.
Chapter 8 of the Traffic Signs Manual:
- Types of works, definitions, safety zones
- Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions – What is it, how does it relate to the TTM industry.
- Publications relative to the temporary traffic management industry.
Traffic Management Operations:
- Signing and coning requirements – Setting out closures, road markings, marker posts
- Temporary Traffic Management vehicle requirements – Different types of vehicles.
- Checking and loading vehicles – How vehicles should be loaded for easy unloading, who is responsible for the vehicle and it’ load, Gross vehicle weights, Unladen weights.
- Crossing the carriageway on foot – Introduction to Health and Safety document CIS 53
- Discussion on safe working methods for installation, maintenance, and removal of signs and cones – Does not give systems of work but looks at different issues to be considered when developing a safe system of work.