Boost your fencing skills with our Level 3 qualification for existing and aspiring supervisors.
Overview in brief
Working in the Fencing and Construction Industry gives individuals a wide range of career opportunities. This Diploma enables experienced Fencing Installers to demonstrate and evidence their key skills and knowledge at Supervisor level.
The Lantra Awards Level 3 Diploma in Work-based Fencing is a Competency Based Qualification (CBQ) based on the fencing National Occupational Standards (NOS), which exist to ensure that personnel working within industry meet the required minimum standards.
This qualification will provide you with the knowledge, understanding and skills that reflect the working practices of fencing supervisors.
The finer details
This qualification has been developed to provide you with the opportunity to achieve a recognised national qualification that reflects the national standards for a variety of fencing roles.
This qualification aims to assess your knowledge, understanding and skills relating to:
- The regulations and industry standards relating to work-based fencing
- Managing the establishment of line and levels
- Monitoring and maintaining the installation of fences
- Monitoring the quality of fence installation
- Organising the fencing site
- Controlling the deployment of materials and components
- Controlling resources in support of fence installation
- Inspecting fencing to identify defects and repair options
- Promoting, monitoring and maintaining health, safety and security in the workplace
- Maintaining and enhancing productive working relationships.
The assessment will consist of portfolio, video and audio evidence, supported by witness statements and practical observation and assessment.
Further information on unit content can be found in the qualification specification.
If successful in meeting the required standards assessed, you will be issued with a Lantra certificate which you can use as evidence towards your FISS/CSCS blue skills card.