Level 1 Award in Health and Safety in a Construction Environment qualification is designed for individuals who wish to develop their knowledge and understanding of health and safety in a construction, enabling them to work effectively and efficiently in the workplace.
The finer details
This qualification has been developed to give you the opportunity to develop your knowledge of the employee’s and employer’s health and safety responsibilities and site safety awareness in the construction and fencing industries.
This qualification aims to assess your knowledge and understanding in the following areas:
- Principles of risk assessment for maintaining and improving health and safety at work
- Importance to safe manual handling in the workplace
- Importance of working safely at height in the workplace
- Risks to health within a construction environment
- Importance of working around plant and equipment safely.
The assessment will consist of a multiple-choice question paper, which is internally assessed and externally verifed.
This qualification will allow you to apply for a CSCS card in order to gain access to a construction site to undertake construction activities.