Become proficient in fencing with our Level 2 qualification for new and existing operatives.
Overview in brief
Working in the Fencing and Construction Industry gives individuals a wide range of career opportunities. This Diploma enables Fencing Operatives to work towards the next level and achieve Fencing Installer status.
The Lantra Awards Level 2 Diploma in Work-based Fencing General Fencing is a Competency Based Qualification (CBQ) based on the fencing National Occupational Standards (NOS), which exist to ensure that personnel working within industry meet the required minimum standards.
This qualification will provide you with the knowledge, understanding and skills that reflect the working practices of fencing operatives.
The finer details
This qualification has been developed to provide you with the opportunity to achieve a recognised national qualification that reflects the national standards for a variety of fencing roles.
This qualification aims to assess your knowledge, understanding and skills relating to:
- The regulations and industry standards relating to work-based fencing
- The hazards and risks associated with working in close proximity to underground services
- Establishing lines and levels on-site
- Receiving, handling and storing fencing materials on-site
- The preparation and operation of hand held power tools and attachments
- The reinstatement of defective fencing
- The safe preparation and formation of foundations for fencing and/or vehicle restraint systems
- The safe placement and fixing of fence posts and/or vehicle restraint systems
- The safe placement and fixing of fencing components and/or vehicle restraint systems.
The construction of foundations or anchorage for fence installation.
The assessment will consist of electronic portfolio, video and audio evidence, supported by witness statements and practical observation and assessment.
If successful in meeting the required standards assessed, you will be issued with a Lantra certificate which you can use as evidence towards your FISS/CSCS blue skills card.
The Level 2 qualification will provide foundation learning for an apprentice starting within the industry.
On successful completion of the Level 2 qualification, you are able to progress on to the Level 3 qualification to further develop your competence and skills.